There Is Always “The Fine Print”, This Is Ours.
What You Should Know:
- Candu Web Design is not responsible for failures beyond our control: Acts of God, war, riot or civil commotion, government acts, equipment or facilities shortages.
- We don’t support pornography, discriminatory, inflammatory, harassing, or illegal activities.
- We operate within the terms of our contracts for data access agreement.
- We do NOT sell or lease to anyone, outside of any terms of our data access agreements.
- We keep your personal information private.
- You are NOT responsible for the security of your passwords, you are.
- We do NOT teach WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, or any other contact management systems (CMS) to our clients. When a client requests a CMS platform that they will maintain, we are to assume that they have a strong working knowledge of the said platform and therefore are no longer responsible and relinquish any responsibilities for its upkeep and maintenance.
- Invoices are payable upon receipt.
- We do NOT guarantee that email setup through 3rd party host providers is 100% reliable nor instantaneous.
- Responsibilities and Liability: Candu Web Design will assume no liability for the content, and will not be held responsible for any localized disruption of service of the domain. Temporary and localized outages of Internet service are considered typical occurrences and if an extreme case, concessions will be made to the client. These concessions are limited to only one free month of hosting.
- Annually hosting fees do NOT include any editing or changes to the website code or design. Additions, deletions, and other changes or upgrades requested by the client will be charged by Candu Web Design at an hourly charge separate from the hosting fee. Any transactions occurring via this Internet presence are susceptible to the unpredictable nature of the Internet – Candu Web Design’s liability in no way extends beyond any potential, realized or not: sales, receipts, proceeds, contracts, or any form of monetary gain for the client.
- Additional licensing may be required with third-party assets.
Candu Web Design provides web design services subject to the customer’s compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this policy. We use only 3rd party host providers and therefore have no usable data, content, and/or information on our promises.
The Fine Print:
- Candu Web Design reserves the right to change these policies and operating rules at any time. It is the client’s responsibility to check this document regularly. The client’s continued use of the service shall be deemed to be an acceptance of these policies and operating rules. It is the responsibility of the client to remain up-to-date with regard to system notices and schedules. This includes reading any and all mailings from Candu Web Design to our customers. Candu Web Design reserves the right to revise or discontinue any or all pricing options, time packages, special discounts, or any other aspect of the service at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
- Candu Web Design reserves the right to send its clients periodic email messages outlining important system announcements such as upgrades and maintenance shutdowns.
- The registered owner of an account is responsible for the actions of all parties using that account. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that all contact information provided is accurate and complete and kept current.
- Work Stoppage: Candu Web Design shall NOT be responsible for any failure to perform any obligation or provide service hereunder because of any Act of God, strike, work stoppage, governmental acts or directives, war, riot or civil commotion, equipment or facilities shortages, or other similar force beyond our reasonable control.
- Candu Web Design will have the final say on what constitutes a violation of these terms and conditions.
- USE OF ANY CANDU WEB DESIGN SERVICES CONSTITUTES YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT CONTINUE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN THE SUSPENSION AND/OR TERMINATION OF THE SERVICE WITHOUT REFUND. If you do not agree to be bound by these Acceptable Use Guidelines, please notify Candu Web Design Accounting Department so that we may initiate a closure of your account.
- Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and defend Candu Web Design, its employees, and staff from and against any claims, actions, damages, liabilities, legal fees, losses, and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against Candu Web Design arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of any website and/or database maintained or adapted by Candu Web Design, or arising out of any breach by you of use, misuse, copyright, Terms, and Conditions, or other liabilities arising out of your use of other websites, information and/or materials.
- Governing Law: This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
Use of Services
- The Client agrees to use Candu Web Design’s services only for lawful purposes, in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Acceptable Use: Clients are expected to exhibit good etiquette while using the Internet. Adult content is not permitted. Other specific activities that are prohibited include, but are not limited to: threatening harm to persons or property or otherwise harassing behavior; fraudulently representing products/services using customers accounts; facilitating, aiding, or encouraging any of the above activities. In any matter, Candu Web Design has the final say on what does and does not constitute an Acceptable Use.
- Violations: Candu Web Design reserves the right to investigate and terminate suspected violations of these Guidelines.
- Violations may also result in additional charges or fines being levied against violating clients, regardless of whether such clients have been found guilty in a court of law.
- WHOIS: As a general practice, when we manage the registration of our customer’s domain name(s), we tend to put the registration in our client’s name and to put the contact details of postal address, telephone numbers, and email addresses to be Candu Web Design’s. We do this to reduce the amount of spam our clients would otherwise receive and to make it easier for us to administer these domain names. Clients who disagree with this and want to have all of their contact details on the public record of their domains, Contact Us.
- Legal Requirements: We are a Site Ground Reseller, and are therefore bound by certain obligations and requirements under the 2009 Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) between the Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and its accredited registrars.
- Renewals: Candu Web Design will email the account holder a reminder. If we receive no response, we will renew the domain name in question and will invoice the client. If our client has not paid this invoice within thirty days and has a credit card on file with us, we will charge said credit card.
- Outstanding Balance: If a client has an outstanding account with us, and there are no arrangements to bring this account up-to-date, and if we consequently shut down the website for non-payment, we reserve the right to assume total ownership of the domain name(s), and to lease or sell the domain name(s) in order to recover our costs. If we receive more money than the amount outstanding from the account, we will keep the difference. We also reserve the right to send the account to collections.
- Transfer: Accounts must be paid in full in order for control of a domain name and/or website to be transferred to another party.
- Abandoned: A client who cancels a website must inform Candu Web Design in writing about what the client intends to do with any domain names. If no arrangements have been made with Candu Web Design, the domain name(s) will be considered to have been abandoned. Candu Web Design reserves the right to assume total ownership of the domain name(s) and to lease or sell the domain name(s) in order to recover our costs. If we receive more money than the amount outstanding from the delinquent account, we will keep the difference. We also reserve the right to send the account to collections.
- Overdue Accounts: In the event of your account falling more than 90 days behind, we reserve the right to shut down your website and email, and sell or lease your domain name.
- Final Approval and Project End Date: Final payment indicates approval of the website, acceptance of our terms and conditions, and completion of the project.
- Uploading Site to Host Provider: The client’s website will be uploaded to a hosting provider once the client has paid in full. During the design process, it is possible that the website may be uploaded to a hosting provider for viewing for a period of 48hrs, after which time, will be put into maintenance mode until final payment.
- Grace Period: Once a website has been uploaded to a hosting provider and the client has paid in full, there is a 30 day grace period, for which changes to content will be done by Candu Web Design free of charge. After said 30 days our regular fees will apply.
- Candu Web Design clients are responsible for the security of his or her password. Secure passwords must be between 10 and 12 characters long, contain letters of mixed case and non-letter characters, and cannot be found in whole or in part, in normal or reverse order, in any dictionary of words or names in any language.
- The client is responsible for changing his or her equipment password regularly. The client is responsible for keeping secure and confidential all passwords, and for changing these passwords if the security of these passwords has been compromised.
- For our current rates, Contact Us.
- It is believed that it is the client’s responsibility to inquire about specific rates for work to be carried out by Candu Web Design.
- It is also believed that when clients phone and/or email request for updates, Candu Web Design’s hourly fees will apply.
- Candu Web Design does offer monthly maintenance plans for its clients.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Rates provided in our work specifications and project quotes are valid for 60 days from the date of publication.
- All NSF cheques and/or credit cards will be subject to a $65.00 service fee.
- Monthly Maintenance Plans are for a full 12 month period. Monthly hours do NOT roll over, any overtures will be billed as piecework at $65/hour.
- Either the client or Candu Web Design may terminate this agreement with one month’s notice in writing for an account in good standing.
- Accounts must be paid in full in order for control of a domain name and/or website to be transferred to another party and/or canceled.
- All transfers and/or cancellation requests of website and/or domain name(s) must be sent in writing either by email or snail mail to Candu Web Design., 30 days prior to the end date, an additional fee applies.
- Candu Web Design is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained on the Candu Web Design website, and any client’s websites. Candu Web Design reserves the right to make changes to the website at any time without notice.
- Candu Web Design is NOT responsible for the client’s site being hacked, Brute Forced Attacked, bogged down with client website bloat, viruses, and/or server problems brought on by any client intervention, Act of God, strike, work stoppage, governmental acts, or directives, war, riot or civil commotion, equipment or facilities shortages or other similar force beyond our reasonable control.
- Candu Web Design is not responsible for client obtained content and/or photos that are later deemed within a copyright infringement, violation of legal dispute.